Passenger Ground Services
Learn what it takes to work at one of the airline’s industry most visible airport position and obtain the skills you need to provide assistance and related passenger services at the check-in, gate and concourse of your airport.
This course is a step towards earning an IATA Diploma and is designed to complement the training requirements outlined in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM), the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and the IATA Passenger Services Conference Resolutions Manual (PSCRM).
What you will learn
• Understand how airlines and airports operate in relation to the provision of passenger services
• Learn about passenger and baggage check-in & boarding procedures, including passengers with special needs
• Interpret the respective regulatory requirements related to passenger and baggage transport
• Understand how computer reservations and departure control systems operate
• Ensure safe and secure passenger & baggage transport
• Provide superior customer service in a demanding customer facing environment
• Learn about the latest technological innovations in passenger services
• Add value to existing and future employers looking to hire and retain knowledgeable and high performing personnel
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
• Airline passenger service staff
• Ground Handling Agents’ passenger services staff
• Airport operators’ staff providing passenger services
• Civil Aviation Authorities’ staff providing passenger services
• Anyone wishing to start a career as a Passenger Service Agent
• Introduction to airport & airline operations
• Computer Reservations (CRS) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) functions
• Passenger & Baggage check-in procedures (airport & off-site)
• Conditions of passenger & baggage carriage, boarding procedures and flight close-out messaging
• Dangerous Goods regulations awareness for passenger service agents
• Managing passenger interactions
• Aviation security procedures for passenger & baggage transport
• Enhanced passenger facilitation, latest innovations and career opportunities
This is a 48-hour course. One training hour is equivalent to 50 min. Candidates will receive training most actual materials from IATA. Exam will be held by IATA in Prishtina.
The cost of this training is 610 € per participant. Price includes training, studying materials and exams.